Quading for the first time in forever

Can we all just appreciate the Frozen reference, there? (Sorry, I'm still not over Frozen.)

Anywho, when I was in Canada, we decided to go for a quading trip with our old neighbours and some friends of Dad's. We used to be pretty big quaders in our day, but after we sold them to move we obviously haven't been doing a lot lately. 

Also, just to point out to the entire world, Dad finally got his act together. Going to these falls was an almost-annual thing we used to do, and when I was little and went he didn't allow me to climb down to see the falls up close because it was too dangerous. The next year, I was sick so I stayed home but my brother (who is younger than me, by the way) went and Dad allowed him to go down to the falls. Favouritism, sexism, weak-willism, whatever you want to call it, it's not cool. So I finally, finally got to actually see the falls this time. 


I'm super thankful to our neighbours and friends who let us borrow their quads, because I had a really great time. Dad and I shared a quad (it actually used to be our old quad, and we just borrowed it back from the friend we sold it to) and we each drove halfway. 

We drove through puddles, streams and rivers, through mud and over hastily-made bridges, up and down hills and over rocks so huge I struggled to hang on. By the time we got to the waterfall, I was so hungry that I scarfed down a peanut butter and jam sandwich and wished for more. 


The falls were absolutely stunning, and we had the privilege of climbing down the (very steep) hill and going behind the waterfall. The mist soaked my hair and clothes, and was difficult to hear each other speak with the roar of the water crashing down all around us. It was a very humbling experience, to be so close to something so magnificent and completely unaware of our existence. 

When was the last time you were humbled by nature? 

Comments

  1. asdfjkl; that looks so cool. I can hear the rushing, thundering water in my ears and feel the slick rocks on my feet and hands and I love these pictures. I can't imagine how big and awe-inspiring it was to see it in person. :D

    Thank you for sharing with us!

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was so beautiful. I had to just stand back and go WOAH. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh - that waterfall is just stunning! We don't have anything that looks that spectacular near where I live ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just couldn't believe how beautiful it was. While you might not have a waterfall, I'm sure the place you live is spectacular, too :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Ah! That sounds like so much fun! And I love the waterfall. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't remember the last time I was humbled by nature. But I did like the pretty waterfall ^^

    Also, I was surprised when you said peanut butter and jam sandwich. I thought Canadians also said peanut butter and jelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it :D

      Maybe they do, and I'm just being weird. That's totally an option :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.

Popular Posts