Run, it's Debbie!!!

Last week has been a little bit intense, I won't lie. It's been a few years since Cyclone Marcia has torn through my little town, leaving trees and debris and rising flood waters in her wake. This week, it's been Cyclone Debbie giving us problems. (To be honest here, I can't be afraid of anything called Debbie, hence the very sarcastic name of this post. Can you imagine? "Oh no, Debbie is coming! Run!") 

I managed to not get a single picture of the storm. *hangs head*

Luckily I'm too far south for Debbie to hit me directly, but I still suffered a little from her wrath. (If something called Debbie can have wrath, of course.) Heavy wind and rain, flooding, and a whole lot of panicking on my mom's part. The news has been stuffed with cyclone updates for days now and it's getting a bit old. I wasn't able to get into school for a couple of days due to flooding, but beyond that we didn't lose power or anything. Our frangipani tree was uprooted (again) so we had to prop it back up with a bit of spit, prayer and duct tape. 

We were extremely fortunate, thankfully. Nothing was damaged, whereas in places up north roofs were ripped off and trees are uprooted. Now, the flood waters are closing in, and apparently the town next to us is going to struggle with a 10 meter rise in the river in the next few days. Schools were closed across Queensland to protect kids and parents from the dangerous roads and weather. I haven't heard of any deaths, but people have lost their homes and possessions due to flooding. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. 

I love a good cyclone, though. It's always so exciting. 

Have you ever lived through a cyclone/hurricane? Or even a bad storm? Do you enjoy lighting as much as I do? (Hint, it's a lot.) Also sorry for the random blog schedule, life's a bit crazy right now. 

Comments

  1. Oh, I'm glad you and your family are alright. No I've never been through a cyclone, and I don't think I want to. That's good you find it exciting though! I did wonder how people who live in more cyclone prone areas managed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :D I'm sure you'd be fine, I think you're pretty tough. Hahaha, I think I'm just a bit weird, that's all.

      Delete
  2. Whoa. I'm glad you're alright!

    Nah, I've never lived through a hurricane or anything like that. Ireland is so safe that I'm scared of going to certain countries xD

    Also, it's okay if your schedule is a bit random, as long as you're okay, it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!

      *whispers* I've heard the Irish people are pretty crazy, though. *sinks into floorboards*

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you're ok!

    I've been just down the street from tornadoes, but I'm far enough inland that we don't get hurricanes where we live. Storms are fine; I just don't understand why people would want to live where there are earthquakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tornadoes are terrifying, I think. I think I'd still be weird and have fun during one, but definitely scary. *nods* Earthquakes are definitely scary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.

Popular Posts